Friday, May 29, 2009

Dog Grooming and Endearing Tips..

After 9 years of working as a professional dog groomer for a veterinarian, I decided to groom from home after my youngest boy was born nearly 2 years ago. My clientel has really boomed in the past 8 months, and I have many repeat customers whom I consider not just clients, but also great friends. I love seeing new faces come in my shop also, some either finding me from one of my signs posted on a nearby telephone pole, or some who have been referred to me by other happy customers.

Now I never expect tips from anyone, my price is my price, but there are those who still tip me on occasion, and not just in cash, but sometimes in little gifts. The gifts sometimes just crack me up!

This week I have recieved two bottles of homemade bar-b-que sauce, and not just ANY bar-b-que sauce..the 9th best in the nation!! A dear client and friend of mine makes and bottles this magical wonder! I was delighted to recieve it and cannot WAIT to slather some on a nice chicken breast or brisket! These same people who gifted me the sauce also needed some hay for some baby sparrows they are fostering, so I gave them a nice flake of goat hay before they left with their two freshly-groomed-for-the-summer westies.

The next neat "tip" I recieved was just today....a hen and a rooster and a 30 pound bag of feed to go with them! LOL! The hens name is I believe Shirley, the roo's name is Fritz! A teenage girl raised them in her bedroom and needed a place to take them once they got too big....and how handy that their groomer also has chickens! The teenage girl and her mother brought their dog out to me for a quick bath and blow dry, and now I have two darling new additions to the barnyard!

I will be sure to give them some fresh eggs from their own hen once she begins laying this fall! The rooster, well...he'll be pardoned from the dinner table, this one is a beauty!

I will try to get pics of the pair soon, I was too tired this evening to get my camera out!