Monday, September 7, 2009

Oh my! I need to blog again!

What a foggy beautiful morning!!Darin went fishing early, the children slept in, and so I went for a walk in the woods this morning, just me and the horses, a tagalong Truffle, and a couple of nosey kittens. ;)

Today I shall be pulling the pony cart up to the house and seeing what it needs to get it fixed up. New tires I know for sure. One of the shafts could use a little straightening out, and maybe even a new paint job.
The pony cart is one I had purchased about 13 years back at an Amish auction. I remember going by myself (as I usually did with everything when I was younger), and outbidding a couple folks for the final winning bid of $50. The funny part...the same folks I outbid helped me lift it and load it into my old beatup pickup truck.

I also have a saddle that needs to be soaped up and cleaned, maybe I can put Isabelle to that chore while I tinker around with the cart.

This week I need to order my lye for candlemaking and wax for my soapmaking...err...wait.....reverse that. LOL! It is time to make soap so it can cure in time for this fall and winter.

Alright well, I know this is a short entry, but I will catch up soon, as I know I have neglected my little blog here! Oops! Perhaps later today or tomorrow I can write another entry and get everyone up to date on the happenings here! ;)