Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Goats, windchimes, and other cheer...

I have been agiggle with the delightful merriment of goat antics this afternoon! The wind has been blowing quite a bit today, which I believe has sent the goats into a tizzy of playfulness. They leap, bound, buck in midair and land faithfully on all fours like cats. They have challenged each other to duels and chased each other around the goathouse playing catch-me-if-you-can. It has worn me out just watching them!

These strong breezes have really made the windchimes sing me pretty tunes all day today! I love windchimes, it lets the wind have its very own voice and personality.

Speaking of tunes..this Friday I am going to a huge bluegrass festival, there will be fiddlers and pickers galore! The turn out for this fest is usually 30 to 40 THOUSAND attendants! My husband and I have a good friend who attends every year, and I have been curious about it for the past 12 years or so, but have never had the opportunity to really go. So I am VERY excited to finally see what it's all about! It seems almost like a mini blugrass Woodstock; People camp, party, fiddle and drink til the wee hours of the morn, and it lasts for a week! Although we are going only for one night, it's hard to find a sitter and caretaker for the farm for more than that. Ah well, I shall wear my best skirt and stompin' boots and twirl the night away, and maybe I'll just come home with my very own banjo or fiddle!! :) I can't wait!

I will try to post pics if I can, but for now, here are a few random farm pics for your enjoyment:

Photobucket
The Quackers!


Photobucket
We had a bumper crop of melons this year, 20 at least, and they were delicious!


Photobucket
Dusty and Isabelle.


Photobucket
Sam and a VERY tolerant Truffle!

Prairie Blessings!