Monday, September 28, 2009

Duck eggs, punkins, and strange vibes..

Last spring I had gladly accepted some ducklings in on trade for my dog grooming services, as I do love a good old fashioned barter. Those ducklings are now grown and plump (mouth watering plump, I must say), and have started laying me some lovely eggs which are delicious for baking with!! It's the simple things that excite me.
Don't worry, the part about being mouth watering plump...well....my girls are in the safe zone. No duck on the menu in the near future *wink*

The pumpkins have not done so great this season. The watermelons were amazing, but the pumpkins..meh....not so much. Temperamental things, pumpkins. However, out of the entire garden, we are getting about 3 nice big beauties coming up. I planted them a bit late, so two of the smaller ones are starting to speckle into orange, and one gigantic one is still a deep green with no hint of wanting to start changing over.

I do believe pumpkins are my favorite garden novelty! I just love watching them grow. It's rather sad that they are the last of the growing things. A few peppers are still clinging and thriving on the vines, but other than that...the garden is growing tired and has done its job for us this year. Time to bid it a fond farewell until next year.

Saturday, my husband went to a Football Hall Of Fame induction over at the local high school. His father, who passed away 10 months ago from lung cancer, was selected along with 2 others for induction! This was a huge honor for everyone in the family! I wanted so much to be able to attend, but I wasn't feeling so well that morning. I chose to stay home with baby Sam.

I had put Sam down for a nap and felt decent enough to sweep the oogy floor in the kitchen, and did so. Strangely, with no warning, I became very emotional and felt an overwhelming urge to cry...and did so. A heaviness of heartache and longing came over me, the tears were untsoppable. It went on for several minutes. I decided this was important enough (being the paranormal investigator that I am) to note the time..and I did so. The time was 12:45 pm. I knew deep down that I was experiencing somebody elses emotions, I just didn't know whose.

About 30 minutes later, Darin calls from his cell phone. Before he could barely get a word in I bombarded him with "Did you cry at the football induction, and if so what time was it?"

He was very puzzled and said "I didn't cry, and I have no idea what you mean."

I said "Did you get emotional?"

"Yes, when they were giving the speech about Dad I got choked up, and when they handed the plaque over. But I didn't cry."

"Well, what time was that?" I pressed.

"I have no idea, I'd have to look at the time on the camera...I took pictures."

I explained to him that I was quite confident I picked up his emotions, and it was important (to me) he find out the times.

When Darin got home, he had the times figured out: at 12:45 they began reading about his Dad, by 12:49 the plaque was presented.

Interesting indeed!

Saturday I also began sizing Licorice the pony to the new harness..but it is going to be too big. Darn. The wee babes were sure wanting a ride in their new cart! So, while I dug out the old harness (that fits) and started to clean it up with saddle soap, Darin gladly served as a stand in for the pony!

Photobucket