Wednesday, June 3, 2009

An Enchanting Friendship..

Shunami is my magical horse, my "dream" horse. I dreamt of her before finding her and brining her home. It was a series of dreams, but in one of them, I was involved with an equine search and rescue team and I was riding a tall black horse named Tsunami.

A week later, in real life, I answered an ad for a horse, later I would find out her name was Shunami and she was a search and rescue horse! I of course, bought her and brought her home. This was last fall.

Today I took an apple out to the pasture to Shunami since I have been paying so much attention to Luna and her wounded hoof, that poor Shunami has been left out.

When I went out to the pasture though, I noticed a little bird by Shunami's hoof. Nothing out of the ordinary at first, as little birds are all over the place on farms and in pastures (they love picking seed and bugs from horse droppings). However, after some time...I noticed that wherever Shunami moved to...that little bird would follow her. Coincidence? I tucked the apple away and watched this for awhile, testing my eyes to see if I was being deceived.

Infact, I watched long enough that I ran back into the house for a camera to take photo's.

The little bird flew to a rock and stayed there for awhile, watching Shunami. I took his pic:

Photobucket

close up:

Photobucket

Next thing I know, the bird flew off to go and sit by Shunami's hoof:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Wherever Shunami went, that bird either hopped along or flew to catch up!

Photobucket
Photobucket


At one moment, Shunami bowed her head as if to scratch her head on her leg which she does a lot, but she didn't scratch, she bowed her head and back up! I am sure it was a scratch anyway, but it appeared at a glance to be a beautiful gesture of acknowledging friendship to her little bird friend:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Shunami moved off a bit, and there went the little bird as faithful as can be:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Shunami stayed in one little grazing area for awhile, so the little bird went and perched on a fencepost to look over things. Shunami finally moved off again but this time started off towards the woods. The little bird took off in flight after Shunami to catch up!

Photobucket
Photobucket

I watched this beautiful display of friendship for 20 minutes until I had to go and finish up chores. I will pay close attention tomorrow to see if Shunami's little bird buddy has stuck around.
Shunami, my magical, zen horse!