Saturday, December 20, 2008

I've Arrived

Ahhhhh....I am here. Hang on a moment while I dip my bare toes into the waters here at blogger.com. Hmmm...yes...I do declare it shall suit me just fine, and I hope to meet many new acquaintances if any are so inclined to actually read my drivel. Drivel, dribble, babble, yadda yadda yadda..me, me, and more me...*dry heave*. What I mean to say is...so awesome to meet you!

It is a blustery day in Missouri....biting winds that scream through any seeps and gaps in the house it can find, and making the "barn" cats cuddle up in tight balls just outside the front door. I have done my morning chores which include feeding the goats, chickens, and all other begging critters. The goats are so dainty and cute, they greet me with their thick fuzzy coats and darling pink noses with exclamations of "Maaaaaammmaaa!" upon seeing me. It is so nice to feel wanted, even if I all I am to them is their source of food, hehe! My little poodle, Truffle (whom is as cute as a button but possibly half retarded), always plucks along besides me as I feed and water. Even if his kibble has been put down, he accompanies me throughout my morning of chores before he eats his breakfast. The loyalty! After the animals are fed, I feed the human critters!

I groomed a few dogs on this Saturday morning. I have a sweetheart of a new client who drove over from the neighboring town with his little sheltie named Rocky. Apparently, poor Rocky had a run in with a bad groomer awhile back, and after examination by a veterinarian, it was determined that Rocky had received deep bruising along the back which caused him enough trauma and stress to loose some hair. There is no way to say exactly how Rocky had received the bruising, if it was from a fall (ie: falling from the groomers table and landing on his spine), or if it was from actual blows from a hand.

Rocky was absolutely the sweetest dog in the world, I can't imagine a groomer having to hit or abuse him to make him "mind". Anyways, the owner was very leary about leaving his dog, and asked if he could stay while I groomed. No problem! The gentleman stayed and we had a lovely chat while I bathed, dryed, and brushed his beloved Rocky. When I went to trim Rocky's nails, he gave each paw willingly as if he were demanding the pampering. This surprised the owner, as he said "Rocky doesn't like anyone touching his feet...I've never seen him give like that." Awww, that was good to hear, and glad the owner felt trust in me!

The man left feeling confident about my grooming, and I felt good to have met two very wonderful new friends!

As for the rest of the day, I may do some cookie baking! I have been sick for the past two weeks with a wretched cough and cold, and baking while hacking over everything didn't sound too pleasing (especially serving them to friends and family knowing I had hacked all over it..ewww!).

It shall be a quiet Saturday, the children are anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival, except for Dusty, my four year old, he has been undecided whether he wants a stranger in his house or not. LOL! We shall see *wink*.