Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dream Continuation...

Oh wow. Many months ago, I had a dream where I was in a Renaissance type setting, I was the damsel in distress, simple long white gown and all..except my dress was tattered and torn and dirty. I was running barefoot (not surprising) through the woods, panicked, I had been shot with an arrow in my gut. (The strange thing about this dream, it seemed so real, I could feel the earth under my feet, my toes trying to grip the soft pine needles and leaves for traction, the sharp rocks cutting into my soles). I was gripping the arrow and trying to run, running from something....sinister, dark, evil? I didn't know..but it was one of those dreams where you're running and not getting anywhere. Finally, I collapsed against a tree, huddling against it, hoping it would just open up and take me in. I was passing in and out of consciousness, and then....rain. Cold rain. I remember looking down and seeing the blood around the arrow run in pink rivers around my hands and down my gown. Something was out there....it was getting closer. Then some little elf type creatures showed up, five or six of them...they were wearing cloaks and came to my aid. One in particular made a salve out of moss, mud, and herbs to apply to the wound, but the evil "thing" had finally caught up to me.....the elf creatures hid behind a fallen log. Before I could see what my fate was standing before me, I passed out.

When I awoke, I was in a room made from stone, much like you would see in a castle. Stone floors with warm rugs, tapestries hanging from the walls. There were strange symbols on the tapestries. Long, tapering candlesticks and wall sconces set off a warm glow to the dark room I was in. I was clean, in a fresh gown, and the arrow had been removed from my gut.

Then, something came to the door and was about to come inside, it was my belief to be whatever had been chasing me in the woods...and then my dream ended!! I never saw WHAT or WHO was on the other side of the door!!

So months have gone by.....I had forgotten completely about my dream...until last night.
I don't recall having many "continuation" dreams, if ever, really. So this one was rather unique.

Last night, the door opened, however in my first dream I was in a bed when somebody came to the door, last night, I was standing...weak still from the arrow, but standing. The door opened, and in walked a little old crone, wearing a shawl. She was much like Tasha Tudor in appearance and mannerisms. She had some herbs in her hand, and greeted me with a quiet and pleasant hello. I was relieved to see she was not someone I needed to be alarmed about. However, I still didn't know what was happening to me.

The crone walked to a candlelit table in the room where she had a mortar and pestle, and began to grind down some of the herbs fresh off the stems. She added clay powder and a bit of water, making a salve, which she then spread onto two pieces of muslin and brought over to me. She lifted the old muslin off my wound, which was black and encrusted with clay, moss, and my blood, and replaced it with the fresh piece. Then however, she took the second piece and put on my chest, over my heart.

"What is this one for?" I asked. "There is no wound there."

"Ah, but there is." she corrected me. "You are wounded in the heart, but it is not visible to the eye. The arrow was tipped with poison, this will stop the flow, and draw it outward. Tomorrow, you will have a visible wound. Make sure not to touch it, it will still be potent."

I asked her if I was safe here, and she said "for now, you have a battle coming up."

THEN IT WAS OVER!!!!! That is ALL I got out of it!!! It was so fast and such a short snippit of a dream, and I am so frustrated and confused...I even tried to finish it myself...but couldn't. You know how sometimes you wake up after a dream and try to get back to that point to "finish" it....I couldn't do it!!

So, I'm thinking I must have some sort of trilogy going on here....LOL! When will the third act come? ARGH!

Anyways, the whole Renaissancy setting of the dreams sort of reminded me of those movies, Lord of the Rings. I have not seen a single one, but do remember the previews and all of the hype when they were out. Now, I sort of have a hankering to watch them and see what they're all about. It might be a good thing to have somethng to do over the Christmas break coming up.
I have not seen the Harry Potter movie's either, but those don't seem to interest me as much.

Alright well, off to get some things done.