Monday, March 23, 2009

Feels like rain...

Oh my, have I abandoned my blog! EEK! I do declare I have been so wrapped up in goin's on's and have pieced out my days among e-mails to friends (did that make ANY sense?) that I have neglected my blog (again!).



Ahhh....spring is here!! It has been so wonderful! This past weekend was AMAZING weather, and the children played outside all day long. What little they were inside was spent reading books. They walked to the woods and "camped" along the creek, gathered the eggs, jumped on the trampoline, and each took turns pulling baby Sam around the yard in a laundry basket tied with a rope. He squealed in delight! Dusty found the best stick in the world and took it everywhere around the yard with him, he loved it so much that...well....we planted it. Yup, we planted a stick and Dusty has been tending and watering it like something very magical might happen. Perhaps it will. *wink*



I spent all of Saturday hanging laundry up on the line, it is so nice not to hang it indoors now (we don't use the electric dryer...ever). Dusty loves running between the rows of the laundry and laughs as it flaps up against his face.



I got all of the goats' little hooves trimmed up nice and pretty and they pranced and leaped as if they had new shoes on, they are such dainty little sweethearts.



Today, Monday, it is so incredibly windy that I had to put about five clothespins each on the laundry! The shirts are getting twisted and tangled although I must say they are getting dry in record time!



They are calling for storms tonight, which has me on edge of course (for those who don't know me, I have a lightning phobia). We will see what becomes of the forecast, as so far the wind is about all the forecasters have gotten right. But I must say, through the pounding winds it does feel like rain. eeek!

Well, best be gettin', gonna go make sure the clothes haven't blown away.