Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am SUCH a hillbilly...

The high today was barely 20 degrees, and I am wearing a brown skirt with a petticoat AND thermal underwear underneath, and a white thermal tank top layered with a heavy flannel shirt. I am such a hillbilly, I look straight out of Coal Miner's Daughter....and I LOVE it! My hair is unkept and and I have no make-up on, and when I did chores today (in wool socks and granny boots), my chickens and goats could have cared less! I love them so! So loving and unjudgemental (yeah I know, they just want their grit).

There are TWO deer hides and bones in my yard drug up from the "crick" by the farm dogs (the creek is where our neighbor Bucky gets rid of the skin and bones, so my dawgs have a buffet. We call it "Bucky's Buffet"). I literally have bones and skulls and pieces and parts strewn all over the yard. The bus dropped off Izzy and her friend Faith, and they both ran past like it was just another day...lol!! Now, had it been city kids runnin' past those deer parts, they'd uh been screamin' and makin' all sorts of ruckus over a "dead thing". Hehe!

I treated the children to cinnamon ice cream after a long day of school, and they were very content!

It is so strange how just Friday it was so warm that I was able to hang a load of laundry on the line, and today (Tuesday) it is just barely 20 for the high! This Missouri weather is somthin'!

I am so far behind on blogging, I need to catch up, so expect a few more blogs today or tomorrow!

:)